Tahoe Vista, California, 96148 is located on
the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, CA.
Tahoe Vista, California
is located on the North Shore between Carnelian Bay and Kings Beach (approximately seven (7) miles east of Tahoe City), and about one (1) mile west of the junction of Highway 28 and Highway 267 in Kings Beach, California.
The Tahoe Vista community is broken into two separate areas that are not geographically connected. You can not get to upper Tahoe Vista, or Lower Tahoe Vista with out going through Kings Beach, unless you are on foot, or dirt bike and enjoy a good hike, or bike ride.
The lower Tahoe Vista area is accessed via Highway 28, and the upper Tahoe Vista area is accessed via Highway 267. At one time there were plans to connect the upper and lower Tahoe Vista areas via National Avenue, which is located in both areas together, which would have created a by-pass and short-cut around most of the Kings Beach community.
Lower Tahoe Vista is a favorite for owners because of the short distance to the beautiful white sandy public beaches. Upper Tahoe Vista is a favorite for owners who are looking to be away from it all in a forest mountain setting, and like the short distance to either Northstar and the public beaches in downtown Kings Beach.
The Tahoe Vista area has a small commercial corridor that has the local post office, several restaurants, an ice cream stand, several motels, condominium developments, bed and breakfast establishments, and a small marina.
The Tahoe Vista area offers a lot of variety when it comes to neighborhood settings with an intimate mountain side/forest setting neighborhoods with pine tree lined single car roads to larger neighborhoods with nice wide streets, larger lots, and a more remote feeling. Tahoe Vista has something for everyone and its close proximity to Northstar, downtown Kings Beach, and the Nevada Stateline makes the Tahoe Vista community a great central location to be in North Lake Tahoe.
A big feature of being on the North Shore is the all day sunshine, as the sun moves east to west. The central North Shore location makes it easy to get to any of our local ski resorts such as Northstar, Incline Village, Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley, or Homewood.
Tahoe Vista is located in unincorporated Placer County in California and has a full-time population of about 1,433 people (2010 US Census).
Tahoe Vista's close proximity to all of Lake Tahoe recreational activities such as boating, hiking, biking (dirt and paved trails), tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants makes this a great area for those that enjoy being outdoors, and looking to get away from it all, but like having many nearby options for dining.
The Tahoe Vista area is easily accessed all year-long and is a nice mix of full-time residents and second home owners.
There are several Tahoe Vista subdivisions that are well known on the North Shore:
- Tahoe Marina
Estates - Lower Tahoe Vista (+/- 57 Parcels in the Tahoe Marina Estates per Placer County Records)
Estates - Lower Tahoe Vista (+/- 199 Parcels in the Tahoe Estates Subdivision per Placer County Records)
West - Upper Tahoe Vista (+/- 373 Parcels in the Kingswood West Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Tahoe Vista Subdivision - Lower Tahoe Vista (+/- 256 Parcels in the Tahoe Vista Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Wood Vista - Lower Tahoe Vista (Some agents will list Wood Vista in the Tahoe Vista area, but it is actually located in Kings Beach, CA)
The Tahoe Vista area has single family home lots (including lakefront / waterfront), duplex, triplex, four-plex, motel, and commercial lots in this community. The Tahoe Vista area has several condominium/townhouse developments in the area.
The Tahoe Vista is one of the smaller communities on the North Shore when compared to other areas around Lake Tahoe and the greater Truckee area. You'll find a limited supply of homes or condos on the market at any given time due to the popularity of the area.
Tahoe Vista home owners that want to belong to one of the recreational home owner amenities associations will find they have very few options. There is a small property owners group that has a right of way access to the beach in the Tahoe Estates Subdivision, and unless you are in one of the Tahoe Vista condominium/townhouse developments, buyers that want to belong to a Home Owner Association will need to look in other communities like Carnelian Bay, or Tahoe City.
Tahoe Vista lakefronts, waterfronts, mountain homes, cabins, and cottages range in price from just under $300,000 to just under $4 million. The selection of Tahoe Vista homes is diverse and houses range from small studio Tahoe cabins to multi-million dollar lakefront estates.
The Tahoe Vista area is a favorite for second home owners and is a great place to live all year long!
Tahoe Vista Homes Sold Market Data, Market Trends, and Information:
Looking for Tahoe Vista real estate market data? Want to know current market trends? Get current Tahoe Vista Homes Sold Market data and for previous years. Get total homes sold, high, low, average median home sales prices, % cash buyers, % distressed sellers, and more here.
Ready to start your Tahoe Vista real estate property search?
See all of the Tahoe Vista area mountain homes, cabins, lakefronts, and land currently listed for sale in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple listing service here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call, I'm here ready to help you too!
More information about Tahoe Vista area is below the home search links!
Tahoe Vista Community Details:
- Tahoe Vista is located in unincorporated Placer County in the state of California, zip code 96148
- Elevation at the shoreline at Lake Tahoe in Tahoe Vista is approximately 6,245 feet above sea level
- Full time population per the 2010 US census was 1,433 residents
- Over 1,000 parcels are located in Tahoe Vista
- Approximately +/- 33 Tahoe Vista Lakefront Homes (non-commercial lakefronts)
- Multiple zoning in the area: Single Family Residential Lots, Duplex/Triplex/Four-plex, Motel, Commercial Areas
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System at 7005 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe Vista
- Most homes are heated by natural gas, or electricity, however, there are a few homes that are on propane gas, and a few have some solar energy features
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a "bear box" to hold their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through various local Water Companies, the North Tahoe Public Utility Department (NTPUD), or by private water well.
- Sewer - All properties in the Tahoe Vista area must be tied into the North Tahoe Public Utility Department (NTPUD) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- Nearby Public and State Parks and Resorts:
- Nearest mini-mart - 7-Eleven, downtown Carnelian Bay, CA
- Nearest mini-mart - 7-Eleven, Kings Beach, CA
- Grocery Markets - Kings Beach, CA
- Nearest Gas Stations - Kings Beach, CA
Tahoe Vista Area Photographs:
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
Overview and summary of this complex completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.