Kings Beach, California, 96143 is located on
the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, CA.
Kings Beach, California
is located on the North Shore (approximately nine (9) miles east of Tahoe City and about four (4) miles West of Incline Village, Nevada and about seven (7) miles south east of the Village at Northstar). You'll find the junction of Highway 28 and Highway 267 in Kings Beach, California.
The Kings Beach community is popular place to live. The Kings Beach area is known for their beautiful white sandy public beaches and easy access to the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. The close proximity to the Nevada Stateline communities like Crystal Bay and Incline, Nevada, and the nearby ski resort of Northstar is a bonus for those living in the Kings Beach area.
The Kings Beach area has one of the larger commercial corridors in the area with a larger selection of restaurants, a local post office, several fast food restaurants, motels, condominium developments, bed and breakfast establishments, and public beaches.
The Kings Beach area offers a lot of variety when it comes to neighborhood settings with an intimate mountain side/forest setting neighborhoods with pine tree lined single car roads to larger neighborhoods with nice wide streets, larger lots, and a more remote feeling in the upper Kings Beach neighborhood of Kingswood Estates.
The Kings Beach area also offers one of the best selections of affordable housing in the area with a good supply of smaller Tahoe cabins. The Kings Beach area also has lake view homes, along with lakefront and beach front properties in the area
A big feature of being in the Kings Beach area on the North Shore is the all day sunshine, as the sun moves east to west. This central North Shore location makes it easy to get to any of our local ski resorts such as Northstar, Incline Village, Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley, or Homewood.
Kings Beach is located in unincorporated Placer County in California and has a full-time population of about 3,796 people (2010 US Census) and is serviced (water and sewer) by the North Tahoe Public Utility Department (NTPUD).
Kings Beach close proximity to all of Lake Tahoe recreational activities such as boating, hiking, biking (dirt and paved trails), tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants makes this a great area for those that enjoy being outdoors, and looking to get away from it all, but like having many nearby options for dining.
The Kings Beach area is easily accessed all year-long and is a nice mix of full-time residents and second home owners.
There are several popular Kings Beach subdivisions that are well known on the North Shore:
Estates - (+/- 415Parcels in the Kingswood Estates per Placer County Records)
Vista - (+/- 628 Parcels in the Wood Vista Subdivision per Placer County Records - Note many agents will identify homes in the Wood Vista area as being in Tahoe Vista and not in Kings Beach)
Vista - (+/- 206 Parcels in the Lake Vista Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Brockway Vista - ( +/- 1,600 Parcels in the Brockway Vista Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Brockway Park - (+/- Parcels in the Brockway Park Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Brockway Springs - (+/- 20 Parcels in the Brockway Springs development per Placer County Records)
- Brockway Tract - (+/- Parcers in the Brockway Tract per Placer County Records)
The Kings Beach area has single family home lots (including lakefront / waterfront), duplex, triplex, four-plex, motel, and commercial lots in this community. The Kings Beach area has several condominium/townhouse developments in the area.
The Kings Beach area is one of the larger communities on the North Shore when compared to other areas around Lake Tahoe area. While the selection of properties in the Kings Beach area will be more than in other communities, you will still find a limited supply of homes, or condos on the market at any given time due to the popularity of the area.
Kings Beach home owners that want to belong to one of the recreational home owner amenities associations will find they have very few options. One of the more exclusive, gated subdivision with Lake Tahoe HOA amenities is Brockway Springs (Homes). While there are some HOA groups that control, and oversee the building standards in a subdivision like the Kingswood Estates subdivision, there are very options for home owners that want private beach access, unless you are in one of the Kings Beach condominium/townhouse developments in the Kings Beach area.
Tahoe Buyers that want to belong to a Home Owner Association with Lake Tahoe recreational amenities will most likely need to look in other communities like Carnelian Bay, or Tahoe City for a larger selection and more HOA property options.
Kings Beach lakefronts, waterfronts, mountain homes, cabins, and cottages range in price from just under $300,000 to just under $4 million. The selection of Tahoe Vista homes is diverse and houses range from small studio Tahoe cabins to multi-million dollar lakefront estates.
The Kings Beach area is a favorite for second home owners and is a great place to live all year long!
Check out the free summer concerts on the beaches in downtown Kings Beach here:
Kings Beach Homes Sold Market Data, Market Trends, and Information:
Looking for Kings Beach real estate market data? Want to know current market trends? Get current Kings Beach Homes Sold Market data and for previous years. Get total homes sold, high, low, average median home sales prices, % cash buyers, % distressed sellers, and more here.
Ready to start your Kings Beach real estate property search?
See all of the Kings Beach area mountain homes, cabins, lakefronts, and land currently listed for sale in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple listing service here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call, I'm here ready to help you too!
More information about the Kings Beach area is below the home search links!
Waterfront Homes for Sale in Kings Beach
Kings Beach Community Details:
- Kings Beach is located in unincorporated Placer County in the state of California, zip code 96143
- Elevation at the shoreline at Lake Tahoe in Kings Beach is approximately 6,245 feet above sea level
- Full time population per the 2010 US census was 3,796 residents
- Over 3,000 parcels are located in Kings Beach
- Approximately +/- Kings Beach Lakefront Homes (non-commercial lakefronts)
- Multiple zoning in the area: Single Family Residential Lots, Duplex/Triplex/Four-plex, Motel, Commercial Areas
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System at 8669 Salmon Avenue, Kings Beach, CA
- Most homes are heated by natural gas, or electricity, however, there are a few homes that are on propane gas, and a few have some solar energy features
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a "bear box" to hold their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through various local Water Companies, the North Tahoe Public Utility Department (NTPUD), or by private water well.
- Sewer - All properties in the Kings Beach area must be tied into the North Tahoe Public Utility Department (NTPUD) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- Nearby Public and State Parks and Resorts:
- Nearest mini-mart - 7-Eleven, downtown Kings Beach, CA
- Grocery Markets - Kings Beach, CA
- Nearest Gas Stations - Kings Beach, CA
Kings Beach Area Photographs:
Kings Beach, California Single Family Home Current Real Estate MLS Listings:
Overview and summary of this neighborhood completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®
Cal BRE# 01473598
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Tahoe City, CA 96145
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.