Dollar Point, Tahoe City, California
Located on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe
The Dollar Point
neighborhood of Tahoe City is located approximately three (3) miles east of downtown Tahoe City on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, California. The Dollar Point subdivision is located in Placer County.
The Dollar Point neighborhood is a premium residential lakeside neighborhood location. Dollar Point is located between downtown Tahoe City and the commercial area of Carnelian Bay.
The Dollar Point neighborhood of Tahoe City, California has a few, smaller, older Tahoe cabins, but the neighborhood is mostly a mix of larger mountain homes and newer luxury properties.
Dollar Point has approximately 569 parcels, of which, approximately 39 are lakefront properties. It is estimated that about 40% of the homes in this subdivision have some sort of lake view of Lake Tahoe, making this a highly desirable area in North Lake Tahoe.
Dollar Point homes for sale are very desirable because of their close proximity to Lake Tahoe recreational activities such as boating, hiking, biking, tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants.
The Dollar Point area is known for its easy year-around access, the larger lot sizes, and the nice wide streets. It is also in a great central location on the North Shore so getting to Tahoe City, or Kings Beach is easy. Those that ski like this central location making it convenient to get to Northstar, Homewood, Alpine Meadows, or Squaw Valley. It’s an easy neighborhood to get to on a year-around basis, and vacation rentals in the area are always in demand.
One of the features that most Dollar Point homes for sale have is the optional Dollar Point Association (DPA) membership. The DPA is an optional home owners’ association and their amenities include a seasonal swimming pool, tennis courts, gated private beach area, shared pier, and buoy rental option for members just to name a few of benefits of membership. Dollar Point real estate is very popular with second home owners.
Check out this video on the Dollar Point neighborhood in Tahoe City, CA here:
Dollar Point Subdivision (569 Parcels, with approximately 39 lakefront parcels)
The Dollar Point area is made up of single family home lots (including lakefront / waterfront lots), lake view, and mountain setting lots. The Dollar Point area is one of the more expensive locations on the North Shore.
Dollar Point Association (DPA):
The Dollar Point Association (DPA) has two home owner amenity recreational areas. The first is located at 170 Observation Drive, Tahoe City, which is the site of three tennis courts, BBQ area, playground equipment, and pool area. The second location is at 3000 Edgewater Drive, Tahoe City, which has two lakeside tennis courts, gated Lake Tahoe beach area, BBQ/picnic area, pier, and the buoy field.
The annual cost for the DPA has been very reasonable at $980/year. There is a transfer fee when membership is transferred of $2,500, along with a $35 Document fee (total $2,535).
While membership into the DPA is voluntary, if a Dollar Point home is not a member and would like to join the DPA, a one-time initiation fee of $25,000 will need to be paid. This is the current fee schedule and is subject to change.
The primary benefit of the DPA is to provide a resort-like experience for members by providing access to Lake Tahoe beaches, shared pier use, and a buoy rental option along with other recreational amenities.
Membership into the DPA can only be gained through property ownership with in the defined Dollar Point subdivision.
Dollar Point lakefronts, homes, and cabins range in price at the low end $800,000's to just under $10 million. The selection of Dollar Point homes will vary from modest Tahoe cabins and mountain homes to multi-million dollar lakefront estates.
The Dollar Point area is a favorite for second home owners and is a great place to live all year long!
Ready to start your Dollar Point Tahoe real estate property search? See all of the Dollar Point area homes, cabins, lakefronts, and land currently listed for sale in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple listing service here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call 530.414.1260, I'm here ready to help you too!
Dollar Point Subdivision Details:
- Dollar Point is located in unincorporated Placer County in the state of California, zip code 96145
- Elevation at the shoreline at Lake Tahoe in Dollar Point is approximately 6,225 feet above sea level, at the entrance to Dollar Point the elevation is 6,483 feet
- Approximately 569 +/- Residential parcels
- Approximately 39 +/- Lakefront parcels
- Zoning in the area: Single Family Residential Lots
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System - Tahoe City, California located in the Lighthouse Mall at 850 North Lake Blvd.
- Most homes are heated by either natural gas, or electricity
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a "bear box" to house their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD).
- Sewer - All properties in the Dollar Point area must be tied into the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- Optional Home Owners Association - DPA Annual Cost $980/year (For the Year: 2019), with a transfer fee of $2,500 and a $35 Document Preparation Fee (total transfer $2,535).
- If a property is located in the Dollar Point designated subdivision and has never joined the DPA, the initiation fee is $25,000. There is an additional fee for buoy charge, see HOA rules for more information.
- Currently there are 524 members (homes) that have chosen to participate in the optional DPA program.
- Nearby Public and State Parks:
- Nearest mini-mart - 7-Eleven just before the entrance to Dollar Point Subdivision
- Nearest gas stations - Tahoe City!
Dollar Point, Tahoe City, California
Current Real Estate MLS Listings
Overview and summary of this neighborhood completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®, CalRE# 01473598
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage CalRE# 01908304 - Tahoe City, CA 96145
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.