Meeks Bay, California
Located on the West Shore of the Lake Tahoe
The Meeks Bay, California area starts approximately ten (10) miles south of the “Y” in Tahoe City on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe, California.
Finding homes for sale in the Meeks Bay area is hard to do as the Meeks Bay area is a very small, West Lake Tahoe community that is just a few miles south of Tahoma, California and just north of Rubicon Bay.
The Meeks Bay neighborhood is known for their wonderful lakefront homes with their sandy white beaches and the beautiful blue waters of Lake Tahoe.
The Meeks Bay neighborhood is a mix of newer, luxury mountain homes, lakefront properties, along with some smaller, older, Tahoe cabins. This area, like Rubicon Bay is a hidden gem on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe.
There are several subdivisions in the Meeks Bay area. Some of the more popular subdivisions are:
The total number of residential parcels in the Meeks Bay area is currently estimated at just under 300 parcels at 290 lots. There are approximately seventy-four (74) lakefront (waterfront) parcels in the Meeks Bay area. There are no condominium / townhouse developments in Meeks Bay area.
The Meeks Bay neighborhood has lakefront properties, lake-side homes, and mountain-side lots. Many of the homes in Meeks Bay have a great views of Lake Tahoe and they see either Meeks Bay, Rubicon Bay, or both.
There are several voluntary private homeowner associations (HOAs) in the Meeks Bay area. Some of them offer Lake Tahoe beach areas and lakefront amenities. This means a non-lakefront property owners gains access to Lake Tahoe beaches, shared pier use, and buoy access (see HOA rules on their buoy program) through their private Meeks Bay Bay area homeowner associations in the area.
Membership into the Meeks Bay property home owner associations is voluntary, and the only requirement is that the owner seeking membership into one of the groups owns a property in the HOA’s designated neighborhood/subdivisions and pays the required annual HOA fees.
Meeks Bay Home Owner Associations:
- Meeks Bay Vista Property Owners Association Lakeside Pier Association. This is a local neighborhood group that supports the neighborhood. The Meeks Bay Vista HOA group is a voluntary one and membership is gained through property ownership in their defined neighborhood subdivisions. Their annual meeting is typically held over the 4th of July weekend and neighborhood projects have included providing temporary large garbage dumpsters for local homeowners to use.
They have a small lakefront area that is accessed on a small footpath between two lakefront properties. It is not marked and there is no off-road parking. They have a small pier, and a limited number of buoys.
- Woodland Pier, Inc. This neighborhood group has a small pier and a limited number of buoys. The small foot path is located between two lakefront properties on Meeks Bay Avenue. The foot path is not marked, and there is no off-road parking. This is a small Meeks Bay HOA group that has a limited number of property owners. Membership is voluntary and gained through property ownership in their defined neighborhood subdivision.
Lakeside Pier Association This neighborhood group has a small pier and a limited number of buoys. It is located by a foot path between two lakefront properties on Meeks Bay Avenue. The foot path is not marked, and there is no off-road parking. This is a small Meeks Bay HOA group that has a limited number of property owners. Membership is voluntary and gained through property ownership in their defined neighborhood subdivision.
Membership into a HOA group isn't the only way to enjoy the sandy beaches of Lake Tahoe. Those living in the Meeks Bay area may also enjoy going to the Meeks Bay Resort.
Meeks Bay lakefronts, homes, and cabins range in price from $500,000 to just under $10 million. The selection of Meeks Bay homes for sale at any given time is always limited due to the small supply of homes that are located in this area.
The Meeks Bay area is very popular with second home owners and it’s a wonderful place to live all year long!
Ready to start your Meeks Bay Tahoe real estate property search?
See all of the Meeks Bay area homes, cabins, lakefronts, and land currently listed for sale in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple listing service here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call, I'm here ready to help you too!
Just as a note, some real estate agents will list Meeks Bay and Rubicon Bay homes for sale as "Tahoma", or will put Meeks Bay as Rubicon Bay, or Rubicon Bay as Meeks Bay. We've tried to take into account these variations so you may see some cross over with these searches.
There is more information after the listings!
Meeks Bay Current Real Estate MLS Listings:
Meeks Bay Community Details:
- Meeks Bay is located in unincorporated El Dorado county in the state of California, zip code 96142
- Elevation at the shoreline at Lake Tahoe in Meeks Bay is approximately 6, 240 feet above sea level
- Approximately +/-290 parcels
- Approximately +/-74 Lakefront parcels
- No Condo or Townhouse developments in the Rubicon Bay Area
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System - closest post office is Tahoma, California (this area uses the Tahoma zip code of 96142).
- Most homes are heated by either electricity, propane gas, or solar. Currently natural gas in not available in the area.
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a "bear box" to house their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD).
- Sewer - All properties in the Rubicon Bay area must be tied into the TCPUD public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- Nearby Public and State Parks:
- No commercial services in Rubicon Bay, CA
- Nearest mini-mart - PDQ in Tahoma, CA
- Nearest gas stations - it's a toss up between South Shore and Tahoe City!
Meeks Bay Photographs Here:
Overview and summary of this neighborhood completed by:
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice. Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.